In this episode: The Vatican is sheltering ANOTHER accused clerical sex abuser, this time Bishop Gustavo Zanchetta of Argentina, a friend of the pope, who has been criminally charged in his home country, where prosecutors have requested his arrest by the Vatican and extradition.
Also: Fr. James Martin ESS JAYY is being rumored as a possible replacement to his nemesis, Archbishop Charles Chaput, as the bishop of Philadelphia.
- Prosecutor calls for arrest of Vatican bishop charged with abusing Argentine seminarians (CNA)
- Police raid former offices of Argentine bishop charged with fraud, sex assault (CNA)
- Bishop Twice-Reported to Pope For Sexual Misconduct Was Given Prominent Vatican Position (1P5)
- Pope Francis covered up for bishop who had gay porn on his phone, Vatican journalist says (Catholic Herald)
- “Hot Photos” — The Vatican Knew about Zanchetta but Still Promoted Him (1P5/Marco Tosatti)
- What does the latest twist in the Zanchetta affair mean for the Church? (Catholic Herald)
- After Chaput warning, bishops weigh in on Fr. James Martin (CNA)
- James Martin and the Pope: Message Received (1P5)
- Is Pope Francis Opening the Doors of the Church to “Queer Theology”? (1P5)
- Nick Donnelly on rumors of James Martin appointment (Twitter)
- Stop Appointment of Fr. James Martin, SJ, as Archbishop of Philadelphia (Change.org)
Steve Skojec is the Founding Publisher of OnePeterFive.com. He received his BA in Communications and Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville in 2001. His commentary has appeared in The New York Times, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, Crisis Magazine, EWTN, Huffington Post Live, The Fox News Channel, Foreign Policy, and the BBC. Steve and his wife Jamie have eight children. You can find more of his writing at his Substack, The Skojec File.