I wholeheartedly support and bless this necessary and very important lay initiative for eucharistic revival in the Church of our day.
-Bishop Athanasius Schneider
This crusade was called by His Excellency, Bishop Athanasius Schneider in June of 2020 in response to the profanations of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament during the COVID crisis. Now he has also added the intention of the reversal of Traditionis Custodes.
A crusade is a spiritual and temporal war called by the clergy, but waged primarily by the laity. It is time to fight for the central dogma of our faith, which is under attack perhaps more than any other dogma: the Real Presence of Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the altar.
Intentions of this Crusade
- To make reparation to God for the sins committed against the Blessed Sacrament
- The restoration of the Latin Mass in the Church.
- At least one hour Adoration per month in reparation for the sins committed against the Blessed Sacrament.
- Pray at least once per month the Prayer of the Crusade of Reparation to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus written by Bishop Athanasius Schneider. Prayers cards can be purchased here.
- Share this crusade with others
- Join our mailing list:
Additional Devotions (Optional)
- Become a “Custos Traditionis” by praying the Memorare daily with weekly penance for the reversal of Traditionis Custodes.
- Be invested with the Crusader Cross using Bishop Schneider’s approved rite of blessing.
- Offer a weekly or daily Holy Hour in reparation for the same ends.
You can download a PDF of the Rite of Investment with the Crusader Cross and give it to your priest to invest you like a scapular. This ritual was adapted by Aaron Seng at our partner Benedictus from the rite of imposition of a Crusading Cross, as found in the Clementine Pontificale (1595). It has approved for use by any priest by Bishop Athanasius Schneider.
Additional Efforts of the Crusade (Optional)
- Read and share the articles and reflections we have published on this topic.
- Share the Mass of the Ages Documentary series (Episode I, Episode II).
- Share Benedictus, the traditional Catholic companion.
- Promote, plan and execute a weekly, monthly, and/or annual reparation Mass and devotions in your parish and diocese. His Excellency suggests a “Day of Reparation for Crimes Against the Most Holy Eucharist” in each diocese as the octave day of Corpus Christi.
- Gather a group in your parish or diocese to pray regularly these prayers for your bishop to restore the Latin Mass in your diocese and root our liturgical abuses and sacrileges.
- Read and share Kwasniewski’s manifesto of Eucharistic Reparation: Holy Bread of Eternal Life: Restoring Eucharistic Reverence in an Age of Impiety
- Read Bishop Laise’s treatise against Communion in Hand (Holy Communion), and His Excellency’s Dominus Est and buy all these books for priests and bishops.
A shortened form of the prayer is also available for daily use:
We offer all these intentions to Our Lady of Sorrows who stood at the foot of the Cross and likewise sees the continued abuse of her Son in the Blessed Sacrament, that she may purify these efforts and offer them to God by her hands. O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee, and for those who have no recourse to thee – especially the enemies of Holy Church!
T. S. Flanders