Cardinal Kasper on switching from ordaining women to the lesser obstacle of married priests.
Pope Francis pushing again for Intercommunion.
And George Weigel (did you know he wrote a biography of JPII?) reveals he could have backed up Archbishop Vigano’s claims about sanctions on McCarrick all along.
This weeks most interesting news we didn’t get the chance to print is in the 1P5 Minute.
- Cardinal Kasper says Francis will allow married priests, if bishops request it (Crux)
- ‘Let’s not wait for the theologians,’ says Pope Francis about sharing the Eucharist (RNS)
- Francis criticizes traditionalist Catholics who ‘safeguard the ashes’ of the past (NCR)
- Good Parents Say “No”: Pope Francis on Lutherans and the Eucharist (1P5)
- Up Next on the Vatican Agenda: Intercommunion (1P5)
- German Bishop: Pope Francis Has Effectively Approved of the Intercommunion Handout (1P5)
- The Pope Rejected German Intercommunion Handout. Does That Mean He Rejects Intercommunion? (1P5)
- Celebration of Vatican’s Intercommunion Rejection is Premature (1P5)
- Pope Changes Tack on Intercommunion, Says Local Bishops Should Decide (1P5)
- World Over – 2019-05-30 – Full Episode with Raymond Arroyo (YouTube)
Steve Skojec is the Founding Publisher and Executive Director of OnePeterFive.com. He received his BA in Communications and Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville in 2001. His commentary has appeared in The New York Times, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, Crisis Magazine, EWTN, Huffington Post Live, The Fox News Channel, Foreign Policy, and the BBC. Steve and his wife Jamie have seven children.