Today’s roundup focuses primarily on simultaneous attacks on the Church’s traditional teaching on marriage and family happening right now, around the world. Today I bring in a special guest – veteran pro-life journalist Hilary White, to help analyze the situation unfolding right now in Ireland.
Listen to the full Friday Roundup Here:
You can also download it here.
Here are the top stories this week:
- Superior of Mar Elian monastery in Syria ‘kidnapped by ISIS’
- ‘Yes’ vote in Ireland’s same-sex ‘marriage’ referendum could destroy family and society
- Author retracts study of changing minds on same-sex marriage after colleague admits data were faked
- Millions of American Dollars Fund Pro-Gay Side of Irish Referendum on Same-Sex Marriage
- Atlantic Philanthropies: Stop Meddling in Irish Politics
- Constitution of Ireland
- Catholic Encyclopedia Entry on St. Patrick
- Dublin archbishop: I won’t tell Catholics how to vote on gay ‘marriage’
- Irish bishop: Catholics can back gay ‘marriage’ in good conscience
- DC Court Tells Catholic Groups: Submit to HHS Mandate or Pay Massive Fines
- Federal Judges Shoot Down Notre Dame’s Appeal on Contraception Mandate
- The Catholic Church’s American downfall: Why its demographic crisis is great news for the country
- It’s FIVE DOLLAR FRIDAY! If you can, please help us out: www.onepeterfive.com/donate
- Can a Catholic Criticize the Pope?
And here’s a bonus story – this came out after we finished recording:
That’s all for now. We’ll see you next week.
Steve Skojec is the Founding Publisher and Executive Director of OnePeterFive.com. He received his BA in Communications and Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville in 2001. His commentary has appeared in The New York Times, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, Crisis Magazine, EWTN, Huffington Post Live, The Fox News Channel, Foreign Policy, and the BBC. Steve and his wife Jamie have seven children.