Guests: Dr. John Joy, Co-Founder and President of the St. Albert the Great Center for Scholastic studies, and author of the forthcoming book, On the Ordinary and Extraordinary Magisterium from Joseph Kleutgen to the Second Vatican Council, and Dr. Michael Sirilla, Director of Graduate Theology at Franciscan University of Steubenville and author of The Ideal Bishop: Aquinas’s Commentaries on the Pastoral Epistles.
Description: With the recent addition of the letter from Pope Francis affirming the Amoris Laetitia guidelines from the Buenos Aires bishops in the Acta Apostolicae Sedis (AAS), many are questioning what making such a letter an “official act of the Apostolic See” really means. Today, we speak with two theologians about exactly that, and what is required from the faithful in response to such an action.
- Pope’s Letter on Argentinian Communion Guidelines for Remarried Given Official Status (1P5)
- Authentic Magisterium and Religious Submission – (1P5)
- Statement from Cardinal Coccopalmerio on the pope’s letter being placed in the AAS – (Crux)
- Original Buenos Aires guidelines – (translated by LifeSiteNews)
- Original papal letter to Buenos Aires Bishops affirming said guidelines – (translated by LifeSiteNews)
- Canon Law implications of the entry of the letter into the AAS – Dr. Edward Peters/In the Light of the Law
Please remember to stop by and give us a positive review on iTunes so that more people can find our podcast!