Guest: Dr. Peter Kwasniewski, theologian, philosopher, composer, liturgical expert, author, founding faculty member of Wyoming Catholic College.
Description: How did we get the Novus Ordo — the New Mass? What led to it? Who was Archbishop Bugnini? Why didn’t more bishops resist the changes to the liturgy? What do we do now? This wide-ranging and frank discussion with Dr. Peter Kwasniewski, author of Resurgent in the Midst of Crisis and the forthcoming Noble Beauty, Transcendent Holiness: Why the Modern Age Needs the Mass of Ages, seeks to answer some of these questions, and more.
- Peter’s author page at OnePeterFive
- Peter’s author page at Angelico Press, where his upcoming book will be released.
- Resurgent in the Midst of Crisis: Sacred Liturgy, the Traditional Latin Mass, and Renewal in the Church
- The Heresy of Formlessness – Martin Mosebach
- A Bitter Trial: Evelyn Waugh and John Cardinal Heenan on the Liturgical Changes – Evelyn Waugh, Cardinal John Heenan, Alcuin Reid (Editor)
- The Memoirs of Louis Bouyer: From Youth and Conversion to Vatican II, the Liturgical Reform, and After – John Pepino
- Sacred Signs – Romano Guardini
- The Spirit of the Liturgy – Romano Guardini
- Nothing Superfluous – Fr. James W. Jackson, FSSP
- Treasure and Tradition: The Ultimate Guide to the Latin Mass – Lisa Bergman
- Sacrosanctum Concilium – Constitution On The Sacred Liturgy, Vatican II
- Quo Primum – Papal Bull of Pope St. Pius V, 1570
- Letter Of His Holiness Benedict XVI To The Bishops On The Occasion Of The Publication Of The Apostolic Letter “Motu Proprio Data” Summorum Pontificum
- Apostolic Letter Given Motu Proprio Summorum Pontificum On The Use Of The Roman Liturgy Prior To The Reform Of 1970
- Una Voce Wyoming
Please remember to stop by and give us a positive review on iTunes so that more people can find our podcast!
OnePeterFive offers Catholic news, commentary, and information. We are dedicated to rebuilding Catholic culture and restoring Catholic tradition.