This crusade was called by His Excellency, Bishop Athanasius Schneider in June of 2020 in response to the profanations of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament during the COVID crisis. Now he has also added the intention of the reversal of Traditionis Custodes. A crusade is a spiritual battle called by the clergy, but waged primarily by the laity. It is time to fight for the central dogma of our faith, which is under attack perhaps more than any other dogma: the Real Presence of Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the altar.
First, this crusade means making a commitment to God to do one or all of these things:
- One hour Adoration per month in reparation for the sins committed against the Blessed Sacrament.
- Pray regularly the Prayer of the Crusade of Reparation to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus.
- Become a “Custos Traditionis” by paying the Memorare daily with weekly penance for the reversal of Traditionis Custodes.
Once you have committed to one or all of these prayers and penances, then consider doing one or all of the following:
- Read and share the articles and reflections we have published on this topic.
- Promote, plan and execute a weekly, monthly, and/or annual reparation Mass and devotions in your parish and diocese. His Excellency suggests a “Day of Reparation for Crimes Against the Most Holy Eucharist” in each diocese as the octave day of Corpus Christi.
- Gather a group in your parish or diocese to pray regularly these prayers for your bishop to restore the Latin Mass in your diocese and root our liturgical abuses and sacrileges.
- Read Kwasniewski’s manifesto of Eucharistic Reparation: Holy Bread of Eternal Life: Restoring Eucharistic Reverence in an Age of Impiety
- Read Bishop Laise’s treatise against Communion in Hand (Holy Communion), and His Excellency’s Dominus Est and buy all these books for priests and bishops.
- Send me an email (editor [at] onepeterfive.com) to join our mailing list so that we can coordinate the promotion and spread of this crusade to as many souls as possible.
- Send us submissions on this topic! We will publish every month to promote this. What are you doing in your local parish or family that has worked to spread Eucharistic devotion and reparation? What can you write to promote this cause?
We offer all these intentions to Our Lady of Sorrows who stood at the foot of the Cross and likewise sees the continued abuse of her Son in the Blessed Sacrament, that she may purify these efforts and offer them to God by her hands. O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee, and for those who have no recourse to thee – especially the enemies of Holy Church!
T. S. Flanders
Feria Quinta post Cineres
Timothy Flanders is the editor of OnePeterFive. He is the author of City of God versus City of Man: The Battles of the Church from Antiquity to the Present and Introduction to the Holy Bible for Traditional Catholics. His writings have appeared at OnePeterFive and Crisis, as well as in Catholic Family News. In 2019 he founded The Meaning of Catholic, a lay apostolate dedicated to uniting Catholics against the enemies of Holy Church. He holds a degree in classical languages from Grand Valley State University and has done graduate work with the Catholic University of Ukraine. He lives in Michigan with his wife and five children.