It’s astonishing that the Legionaries of Christ were not dissolved when it was revealed that their founder, Marcial Maciel, was a monstrous sexual predator who had abused some 60 children and fathered six children by three different women. He is also accused of raping his own biological children.
But the order was allowed to continue to exist, and this week, new allegations have been revealed against three separate LC priests stemming back decades ago — priests the Legion did nothing about.
Also: The head of the Italian bishops’ conference says Catholics who are unhappy with Francis should leave the Church and become Protestant. AND:
Pope Francis makes a critical admission about the Novus Ordo.
- Legionaries of Christ: Sexual abuse was perpetrated at minor seminary (CNA)
- Nuncio in Mexico expects Vatican to investigate “cover-up network” in Legion of Christ (Spanish/Aciprenca)
- No reform possible without new leaders in Legionaries of Christ, advocates and survivors say (CNA)
- Legionaries founder sexually abused 60 boys, religious order’s report says (Reuters)
- Maciel Raped His Own Children Too (The Atlantic)
- Maciel’s Son to Sue Legionaries: Details abuse, Tells NCR ‘Dad promised $6 million’ (National Catholic Reporter/Jason Berry)
- 13 Years after Maciel Crimes Revealed, Legionaries of Christ Still Celebrating His Legacy (1P5)
- Cardinal Tells Catholics Who Protest Pope To Become Protestants (Church Militant)
- Lutheran minister: Pope Francis told me Protestants and Catholics are ‘very close’ in how we ‘worship’ (LifeSite)
- A statue of Luther in the Vatican and a new papal definition of ‘lukewarm’ – Pope Francis will go to Sweden next week for a 500th anniversary event honoring the excommunicated Luther. (LifeSite)
- Recant! Responding to the Lutheran Heresy of Pope Francis (1P5)
OnePeterFive offers Catholic news, commentary, and information. We are dedicated to rebuilding Catholic culture and restoring Catholic tradition.