This week on the 1P5 Minute, Steve talks about the new examination of conscience for “Eco Sins” being pushed by the Bishops of England & Wales.
AND: A new report out this week indicates that the Vatican engaged in “covert & deceptive” methods in the diversion of 50 million euros away from a children’s hospital into a bankrupt dermatological hospital – over an above the objections of Cardinal Pell.
ALSO: Cardinal Luis Tagle of Manila, Philippines was appointed prefect of the new “mega dicastery” that is the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples. Veteran Vatican watchers say this is a political move that puts him squarely in the position of heir apparent to the papacy.
Please don’t forget that we’re trying to finish 2019 on a solid financial footing. If you enjoy our work, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution in support of our efforts today!
- Catholics urged to divulge ‘eco-sins’ during Confession as Bishops launch a new environmental campaign (Telegraph)
- Advent Reconciliation Service for “eco sins” (Journeyto2030.org)
- Tangled Web of Transactions Utilized to Fund Bankrupt Italian Hospital (National Catholic Register)
- Marco Tosatti: Does Pope Francis Think His Reign Is About to End? (1P5)
- In Tagle, Pope strengthens his Vatican hand and sets up possible successor (Crux)
OnePeterFive offers Catholic news, commentary, and information. We are dedicated to rebuilding Catholic culture and restoring Catholic tradition.