I wholeheartedly support and bless this necessary and very important lay initiative for eucharistic revival in the Church of our day.
-Bishop Athanasius Schneider
The Crusade of Eucharistic Reparation is a lay sodality run by OnePeterFive in partnership with Benedictus and Mass of the Ages.
This crusade was called by His Excellency, Bishop Athanasius Schneider in June of 2020 in response to the profanations of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament during the COVID crisis. Now he has also added the intention of the reversal of Traditionis Custodes.
A crusade is a spiritual war called by the clergy, but waged primarily by the laity. It is time to fight for the central dogma of our faith, which is under attack perhaps more than any other dogma: the Real Presence of Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the altar.
Intentions of this Crusade
- To make reparation to God for the sins committed against the Blessed Sacrament
- The restoration of the Latin Mass in the Church.
- One hour Adoration per month in reparation for the sins committed against the Blessed Sacrament.
- Pray at least once per month the Prayer of the Crusade of Reparation to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus written by Bishop Athanasius Schneider
Additional Devotions (Optional)
- Become a “Custos Traditionis” by praying the Memorare daily with weekly penance for the reversal of Traditionis Custodes.
- Be invested with the Crusader Cross using Bishop Schneider’s approved rite of blessing.
- Offer a weekly or even a daily Holy Hour in reparation for the same ends.
Additional Efforts of the Crusade (Optional)
- Read and share the articles and reflections we have published on this topic.
- Share the Mass of the Ages Documentary series (Episode I, Episode II).
- Share Benedictus, the traditional Catholic companion.
- Promote, plan and execute a weekly, monthly, and/or annual reparation Mass and devotions in your parish and diocese. His Excellency suggests a “Day of Reparation for Crimes Against the Most Holy Eucharist” in each diocese as the octave day of Corpus Christi.
- Gather a group in your parish or diocese to pray regularly these prayers for your bishop to restore the Latin Mass in your diocese and root our liturgical abuses and sacrileges.
- Read and share Kwasniewski’s manifesto of Eucharistic Reparation: Holy Bread of Eternal Life: Restoring Eucharistic Reverence in an Age of Impiety
- Read Bishop Laise’s treatise against Communion in Hand (Holy Communion), and His Excellency’s Dominus Est and buy all these books for priests and bishops.
- Send me an email (editor [at] onepeterfive.com) to join our mailing list so that we can coordinate the promotion and spread of this crusade to as many souls as possible.
How to Join:
- Email me editor [at] onepeterfive.com. We will have more communication soon on more organisation.
We offer all these intentions to Our Lady of Sorrows who stood at the foot of the Cross and likewise sees the continued abuse of her Son in the Blessed Sacrament, that she may purify these efforts and offer them to God by her hands. O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee, and for those who have no recourse to thee – especially the enemies of Holy Church!
T. S. Flanders
Timothy Flanders is the editor-in-chief of OnePeterFive. He is the author of City of God versus City of Man: The Battles of the Church from Antiquity to the Present and Introduction to the Holy Bible for Traditional Catholics. His writings have appeared at OnePeterFive and Crisis, as well as in Catholic Family News. In 2019 he founded The Meaning of Catholic, a lay apostolate dedicated to uniting Catholics against the enemies of Holy Church. He holds a degree in classical languages from Grand Valley State University and has done graduate work with the Catholic University of Ukraine. He lives in Michigan with his wife and six children.