In this episode, Steve Skojec talks with Catholic attorney Joseph Dion about their shared experiences with the Legionaries of Christ & Regnum Christi, an investigation into their illicit activities in the early 2000s that may have contributed to the disciplinary actions taken against their disgraced founder, Marcial Maciel, in 2006, & the plight of those priests may want to leave the order but can’t.
WARNING: Due to some of the subject matter, this episode is not recommended for children.
AUDIO ONLY PODCAST:
- Disgraced religious order tried to get abuse victim to lie (Crux/AP)
- Court evidence suggests abuse cover-up by high ranking Legionaries of Christ (CNA)
- Legionary priests facing obstruction-of-justice trial in Italy (Catholic Culture)
- 1P5 Minute #20 | Legionaries of Christ Facing New Sex Abuse Charges (1P5 Minute)
- Legionaries of Christ elect new superior general (CNA)
- Marcial Maciel: Catholic priest abused at least 60 boys as founder of conservative religious order, report says (Independent)
- 13 Years after Maciel Crimes Revealed, Legionaries of Christ Still Celebrating His Legacy (1P5)
Founded in 2014, OnePeterFive is one of the leading traditional Catholic journals in the world. It is committed to rebuilding Catholic culture and restoring Catholic tradition.