In this episode, Steve Skojec talks with Catholic attorney Joseph Dion about their shared experiences with the Legionaries of Christ & Regnum Christi, an investigation into their illicit activities in the early 2000s that may have contributed to the disciplinary actions taken against their disgraced founder, Marcial Maciel, in 2006, & the plight of those priests may want to leave the order but can’t.
WARNING: Due to some of the subject matter, this episode is not recommended for children.
AUDIO ONLY PODCAST:
- Disgraced religious order tried to get abuse victim to lie (Crux/AP)
- Court evidence suggests abuse cover-up by high ranking Legionaries of Christ (CNA)
- Legionary priests facing obstruction-of-justice trial in Italy (Catholic Culture)
- 1P5 Minute #20 | Legionaries of Christ Facing New Sex Abuse Charges (1P5 Minute)
- Legionaries of Christ elect new superior general (CNA)
- Marcial Maciel: Catholic priest abused at least 60 boys as founder of conservative religious order, report says (Independent)
- 13 Years after Maciel Crimes Revealed, Legionaries of Christ Still Celebrating His Legacy (1P5)