In this episode, we have an update on the case of Bishop Gustavo Zanchetta, the Argentinian prelate and friend of Pope Francis who is facing criminal charges for sexual abuse of seminarians in his home country.
ALSO: Cardinal Christoph Schönborn has allowed, for the third year in a row, a pro-LGBT benefit event to take place in his diocesan seat, the beautiful 14th century Romanesque Gothic Cathedral of St. Stephen’s in Vienna.
AND: Archbishop Fulton Sheen, who was set to be beatified this month, has seen his cause delayed yet again, due to protests from unnamed US Bishops.
- Argentine Bishop Appears at Court Hearing on Abuse Charges (NY Times/AP)
- Vienna Cardinal Schönborn to host ‘blasphemous’ pro-LGBT benefit concert in Cathedral again (Lifesite)
- Concert in the Cathedral / What are we fighting for? (YouTube/Alexander Tschugguel)
- Message from H. Ex. Archbishop Viganò (St. Boniface Institute)
- Catholic Diocese of Peoria: Postponement of Beatification of Bishop Fulton Sheen (Diocese of Peoria)
- Updated: Sheen beatification postponement not related to 2007 cover-up allegation, sources say (CNA)
Steve Skojec is the Founding Publisher and Executive Director of OnePeterFive.com. He received his BA in Communications and Theology from Franciscan University of Steubenville in 2001. His commentary has appeared in The New York Times, USA Today, The Washington Post, The Washington Times, Crisis Magazine, EWTN, Huffington Post Live, The Fox News Channel, Foreign Policy, and the BBC. Steve and his wife Jamie have seven children.