On the latest episode of the 1P5 Podcast, Steve drops the latest numbers on coronavirus before pivoting to an article from Church Militant alleging multiple instances of sexual abuse or coverup within the Society of Saint Pius X – as well as the role overt bias plays in the credibility of such stories. (In a late addendum to the show, Steve discusses the SSPX response, published today.)
Also: a new survey has been sent out to dioceses from the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, asking them about their thoughts and experiences with the Traditional Latin Mass under the guidelines offered by Pope Benedict XVI’s 2007 motu proprio letter, Summorum Pontificum. But what deeper agenda does the survey hint at? Steve examines the questions it asks.
At the 43:41 mark, our special guest, Steven Mosher, head of the Population Research Institute and author of a number of books on China, including the recent Bully of Asia: Why China’s Dream is the New Threat to World Order, joins the program to discuss China’s responsibility for what he believes was an intentional spreading of the COVID-19 virus that has caused a global pandemic, and what has really been happening in China since the outbreak began.
It’s a jam-packed show today, and you can watch it all right here:
- Johns Hopkins’ COVID-19 Dashboard/Map
- SPOTLIGHT—SSPX: ‘SYMPATHETIC TO PERVERTS’ (Church Militant)
- U.S. District Responds to Church Militant (SSPX.org)
- Church Militant v. Fr. McLucas & SSPX: Setting the Record Straight (Catholic Family News)
- Summorum Under Threat? – Holy See sends survey to Bishops on Summorum Pontificum (Rorate Caeli)
- Bully of Asia: Why China’s Dream is the New Threat to World Order (Amazon)
- 1P5 Author archive for Steven W. Mosher
- Population Research Institute
- 1P5 Podcast Archives